Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Nancy Borchers: Day 6 IIFC

This is Nancy's final post for the Idyllwild 2011: Independent Festival of Cinema. I hope you enjoyed her comments. and heart felt gratitude from Marshal and me to nancy for her willingness to share with all of you.

Overindulgence at the Idyllwild Independent Festival of Cinema 2011

The Festival of Cinema is over. I’m tired. I saw twenty five films just as did last year. Sallie saw three or four more. The Festival was terrific. Most of the films either stood on their own or showed the promise of the directors or actors. There were a few that were awful, not awesome. One film was ready for regular release. I missed several films I wanted to see because of meetings or time conflicts.

One delight was to finally see Ivan of the Rustic Theater in a film. We were rewarded with a wonderful performance by Ivan and other actors. I had no idea that Ivan was so good. His role was that of the father of the lead, a writer with writer’s block, who under the influence of the “monster” underwent a radical personality change. Ivan handled both “personalities” with great professionalism and believability.

Chatting with actors, producers and directors in the lobby of the Rustic Theater was lots of fun too. Sallie is so good at making folks feel at home that they were comfortable with praise and criticism alike. Next year I hope to be able to volunteer at the Festival. I understand from talking to Steve Savage about his big plans for 2012 that a lot of help will be needed. Get ready Idyllwild, next year will be spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment