Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Film Festival is tomorrow!!!

 Posted for Nancy Borchers

Yesterday afternoon four of us got together with the Idyllwild CinemaFest Town Crier insert and went over scheduling so we could figure out when to car pool and when we would go our separate ways to see different films. We had each done some home work ahead of time. 

Annamarie watched most of the trailers, Sallie prepared a table full of copies of the insert, pencils and lined paper for notes and schedules and I had made notes on the schedule so we could easily fine synopsis of each scheduled film.  We gathered at Sallie’s, went over the schedule and munched on guacamole and chips and wonderful brie with herbs and crackers with wine of tea.  Two hours later we went to Taco Night at Arriba’s.  It took us the whole two hours to discuss the films, the schedule and transportation logistics.

I’ve been looking forward to this for months. Last year Sallie and I went to over 22 films.  She saw one more than I did because I had to go to a meeting. I’ve cancelled all trips, meetings, lunches and anything else so I can see as many films as possible. Last year screened a wide variety of delightful, scary, action packed, thoughtful and thought inspiring full length films, shorts and documentaries.

Each year gets better and better. The first year I only saw a few. The second year I saw twenty and realized that I really needed to be organized to pack that many films into just a few days. I talked Sallie into going with me for most of them.  Last year Annamarie joined us. 

I did have one problem. I get hungry. Year one and two proved that it was almost impossible to find dinner in the evening. A quick bite between films was nonexistent. The third year was a lot better and after reading Phil Calderon’s article in the insert this year, I think my hunger problems are solved. 

I’ve always thought it rude to bring food into a theater but since I want to see as many films as possible, there is no option. I won’t have to smuggle a sandwich into a theater, I can just bring it openly. Mr. Calderon’s guidelines are well thought out and logical.

I hope this year builds on the quality of last year. Year two had a lot of blood and guts and year three had lots of comedy. This year the synopsis foretells youthful angst. I can’t wait to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment