Sunday, January 20, 2013

Farewell 2013, awaiting 2014

by Nancy Borchers







The Idyllwild CinemaFest is over and we had a great time. I got to see 45 films which is 20 more than last year. The crew that selected the films did a great job.

I only walked out of three: one because of gore, one because of over the top narcissism and one due to sheer amateurishness. That leaves 42 that were either wonderful or at least just ok. Several were so professional that I hope general release is in the offing soon.

The enthusiasm and hard work of the Festival crew and leaders was evident everywhere.  Great job!!

I understand that next year the Festival might be non-profit. I’m eager to find out what this will bring to our community. I suppose there will be some changes but if it is for the better, I’m all for it. 

I really regret missing the Awards ceremony. Last year’s was a lot of fun. And I understand this year’s was too.

Sallie, Lou and Annamarie and I all agree that we are looking forward to next year’s Festival. If The Festival keeps improving at the rate it as has for the last four years, The Idyllwild CinemaFest for 2014 will be spectacular. 

I wonder when the tickets go on sale. 

From JP
Thank you very much Nancy for all your help and submissions and time to view and write.

No comments:

Post a Comment